Back to home page - Moissanite Stones - Clarity Enhanced Diamonds - Diamonds as Investments
about Moissanite Stones
We receive many requests for our diamond engagement rings but often times the prices of the diamonds make the purchase outside of our clients present budget. In this case, I recommend a lab created jewel, a Moissanite stone, that is a unique near colorless stone that has the hardness and brilliance of a real diamond.
Moissanite stones are made by only one manufacturer, Charles & Colvard, and only sold to a few major distributors.
Here are the facts and physical properties of Moissanite Stones.
1. BRILLIANCE is the sparkle of the stone. Moissanite stones actually sparkle more than diamonds, rubies, sapphires and emeralds. the Moissanite refractive Index (RI is 2.65) which is higher than diamonds (RI 2.42), Ruby (RI 1.77), Sapphire (RI 1.77) and Emeralds (RI 1.58) - BRILLIANCE is the single most important characteristic in purchasing a stone.
2. CLARITY - Moissanite Eye Clean clarity is only available for sale with a moissanite stone.
3. COLOR - Moissanite stones are near colorless which would be equivalant to a J-I diamond color.
4. CUT - Each stone is hand cut and precisely calibrated by a master technician. Many different cuts are also available, round, princess, oval ect...
5. FIRE - is the dispersion of light, the Moissanite stone dispersion is 2.4 times better than diamonds
6. HARDNESS - The Moissanite is second to hardness only to a diamond. The Moissanite hardness is 9.25 and a diamond is 10. Moissanite is durable and tough. Moissanite is extremely resistant to scratching and abrasion.
7. COST - About 1/10 the cost of a diamond for larger stones and about 1/5 the cost of a smaller diamond.
As you can see from these properties, Moissanite Stones stand on their own as a viable option to diamonds. If you would like more information on Charles & Colvard Moissanite Stones please visit http://www.moissanite.com
SPECIAL - PURCHASING A RING and Moissanite Stone from Furthers.com - when you purchase a ring from us with a moissanite stone, we will offer you a credit of half its value on the purchase of a future diamond and of course you can keep your Moissanite stone for another custom peice of jewelry. The only requirement is that the diamond must be valued at over $2000 dollars. For example, lets say you purchased a 400 dollar moissanite stone from us, we will credit you $200 dollars on your future purchase of a diamond that is over 2000 dollars. Our diamond prices are listed at wholesale so you can be sure that you are getting a great price. You can visit http://www.furthers.com/diamonds.htm for online prices of our diamonds.
ONLY PURCHASE MOISSANITE STONES From REPUTABLE COMPANIES - talking with Charles Colvard, they tell us that some people are selling CZ stones as Moissanite stones. So please beware and make sure you purchase these items from a reliable source. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a quote on a moissanite stone with any of our rings.
Please reply to this email if you have any further questions regarding Moissanite stones.